How do parents save up financially?

And in what weeks can we actually start prepping for babies stuffs?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Create a need list. It should bring you to about $3,000 with the basic pram, car seat, baby cot, clothing necessities, bottles and cleaning devices. Baby tub and cleaning kit ie bodywash and cottons etc. Source for pampers & wipes promotion (pampers - bulk purchase, but keep in mind not to buy too much of 1 size as babies grow out of it pretty fast) Also include, postnatal massages for yourself and if you have the means, confinement food service for at least the first 10 days. Self care is important. Also, usually, you'll receive gifts from family and friends. And it'll help if you have a registry of gifts, so they can get what you need. Good luck!

Read more

Don't be shy to accept hand me downs. I received a lot of 2nd hand clothes from relatives and friends. It really saves me a lot of money as babies grow very fast, not worth it to buy. I go to baby fair and survey online. I usually look for something that can be used long term. For example the cot I buy can be used all the way until my baby is a toddler. Invest in something that can be used long term = save more money. I started buying in my 2nd tri. Slowly buy the big ticket items. All the best!

Read more

Bought baby clothes, shoe, socks, diapers,wetwipes, Formula milk, baby shampoo and soap ,all on shopee ,redmart,lazada it's way cheaper then retail. People around you will buy for you things for the baby. Breastpump with bundles, with baby bottles and milk storage bought it at mummy's market . For baby cot I bought at IKEA with bundles, comes with mattress, towel,diaper changing mat,bedsheet,pillows,bathtub and blanket. I only bought most of the things after I give birth lol.

Read more

I am expecting and a FTM. I am at 33wks and I’ve only bought cot, pram and couple of clothes. Tbh, the pram was a gift from my parents so we decided to get it during sale. I would say to research online before buying things as other moms will advise whether it is necessary or not. It helped a lot because as a FTM, we tend to want to buy a lot of things.

Read more
VIP Member

Hmm i spend less than $1500 for all the baby items includes baby cot , clothes, toiletries, everything except for car seat and pram. Cause planning to buy car seat and pram after delivery.. u can source out the item at expo or shoppee.. bought everything there

4y ago

U can buy from shopee.. retail price usually $10 the cheapest but at shoppee u can get $5 or lesser :) there is alot of choice too! Waiting time is around 1 to 2 weeks :D

VIP Member

From second trimester onwards when baby gender is known, u can start preparing clothing, cot, diapers, baby wipes, baby toiletries etc

VIP Member

I do it like week 35 onwards kind so the stuff will not be lying around. & that’s when I go into delivery mood 😂

4y ago

AHH!! i see!! how you save up financially tho for all this?

VIP Member

My hubs and I bought the maternity insurance and also added on a conversion for child endowment fund

Super Mum

Buy the necessity. Those good to have (eg: rocker, walker) will be gifts from family .

VIP Member

2nd trimester for me