Threatened miscarriage

In the threatened miscarriage leaflet. There is a section where it mentions if the mother is a negative blood type.. might need a injection etc etc.. Anyone here is a negative blood type, with a positive blood type baby and have a smooth pregnancy? Because im either bleeding or spotting and it is on daily basis. Duphaston doesnt help. - Im at 6 weeks. And been to doc multiple times due to the multiple scares i have. N baby is fine with heartbeat.

Threatened miscarriage
3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Are you rhesus negative? My blood group is O negative. Hence, when I experience bleeding, I need to have a rhogam jab. I am currently pregnant with number 3. I do experience bleeding for all three of my pregnancies.. #1 for unknown reason. #2 for Low placenta. #3 due to polyp at my cervix. And hence, I do get rhogam jabs when I had bleeding. Spotting and bleeding can be due to different reasons.

Read more
2y ago

I see! Good to know that it has stabilised:) Just make sure you let your gynae know that you are rhesus negative when you experience any bleeding and ask if you need the rhogam jab. I used to be really jittery when I got pregnant. It’s like an additional worry because of my blood type. But I do check in with my gynae whenever I have any concerns. I was give jabs, pills and bedrest whenever I bled. Jiayou!

I know of a lady who bleeds heavily throughout her pregnancy and has successfully given birth to her son. Same thing for her second pregnancy currently, she’s bleeding throughout too. Her gynae can’t find the cause of bleeding and she has to be on bed rest all the way till delivery. But there, it’s possible to go on to birth a child even if you’re spotting/bleeding!

Read more

I have heard of 1 lady who had spotting all the way until delivery.. think different pregnancy, different symptoms and issues..

2y ago

oic...