How does lightening feel like?

In my 36th week now, and I was told to expect the baby to "drop" towards the end of the pregnancy. Can I ask how does it feel like? So that I can prepare myself and not panic 😅

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You'll feel that you can breath better than before. Your top of the tummy will also feel 'empty' bcos your baby's head has descend low on your cervix. You might or will also feel that something is lodge there. Normally other people will/can notice that your tummy is 'low'. By this time you'll start to waddle. Prepare yourself bcos it may also mean labour can happen at any time since you're also almost to full term. Just look out for signs of labour such as waterbag broke or leaking, mucus plug or bloody show or frequent contractions. Pack your hospital bag already?

Read more
3y ago

Not yet. Still telling myself its too early for it 😂😂😂

Well i dont rmmbr feeling it "happened" but i did feel that the head is already "thr!" and top part of bump feels empty when nearing to delivery. And it's suuuper uncomfortable especially when walking. It's jz 'thr'. Bothered me alot. But i have ppl telling me that "omg your baby have dropped soo low and you're still walking ard??" Jz by looking at my bump. I was at Ikea at that time. True enuff i delivered 2 days after. Hahaha. I was at my 38th week. Ppl hv been telling me since week 36- 37.

Read more
3y ago

Should I be freaking out hahaha! Is it difficult to walk around after that?

Lightening feels like electric shock at your groin, sometimes radiate down to your legs. And you would feel uncomfortable and stop whenever you are doing, just like those people being electrocuted in movies 🤣 but in a brief moment only

3y ago

Omg hahahaha I like how you describe it! I can imagine myself doing exactly as you said! 🤣🤣🤣

It’ll feel like it’s moving down, nearer down below