Anxiety during pregnancy

In my 12th week now. I have prior case of anxiety before I got pregnant. Panic attacks when overly stressed and mental breakdowns. Now that I’m pregnant, I just had my first panic attack in the pregnancy and it was 20x worse than before. I’m stressed out at work, at home, with extended family and worried about money and health. I don’t know what to do. My husband suggests that I slow down at work. He is able to support us. But I feel guilty. Today, while he was driving on the highway, I opened the door and was ready to fling myself out. But thankfully I managed to stop myself. Really scared my husband by doing that. I also scared myself. I don’t know how to deal with my stress anymore. Doctor says I cannot exercise yet. I just feel so frustrated. I don’t want to get into a car. I don’t want to go out. I don’t have mood to work. I don’t even have mood to do anything - not even look at social media or watch videos. Just want to lie in bed all day. I read all this people online say oh try prenatal yoga, try meditation blablabla. I honestly don’t have mood to do that. Now I’m just wondering if I should seek professional help. Just so tired of everything. So overwhelmed.

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I would suggest you to think about your baby more. I used to have really bad panic attacks that I can just break down loudly in the mrt. But once I got pregnant it really calmed me down.

5y ago

Thanks dear. My first trimester I think the hormones were really strong. Second and now I’m in my third, I’m feeling so much happier. Didnt get any more episodes.