I'm told that i can't take plain water during confinement otherwise the swelling of my tummy will not subside; we are only allowed to take red dates and longan drink. Is this true?

46 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I drank lots of longan water, longan ginger drinks (mostly diluted) and herbal soups together with plenty of warm water. I find that keeping myself hydrated did help in maintaining breastmilk supply and avoid constipation after natural birth.

U can't totally don't drink plain water. That's what I did during my confinement and it causes heatiness in my body and when consulted my tcm he said that, during confinement u still need to drink plain water to balance out.

How these confinement nannies continue to be employed with advice like this is beyond me. Don’t drink water?! Not only is that stupid advice, it’s actually dangerous.

according to my my she say drinking red date n longan water can keep our body warm.. and it is more nutrition for us on it will let our breast milk more nutrition for the baby..

I took water...lukewarm/warm water should be ok. Not cold water. I heard don't just take red dates/longan as it can cause constipation.. can also mix with black bean

I took plain water during confinement too. No water retention issues. And I feel healthier taking plain water rather than just taking red dates drink. :)

VIP Member

Warm water is fine. I drank lot warm water during confinement (no choice) and my tummy is almost flat now. Healthy diet and sweating are more important.

during my time on confinement i.did drink some water but is warm de. but still mostly stick to red date longan drink and hot milo drink.

Just drink warm plain water only. Water is important for our body. Some advices you can follow, some cannot. When in doubt, ask others.

TapFluencer

Can drink water, room temperature or warm is fine. Red date tea is quite heaty so better to drink some water to prevent constipation.