Stress and sad 1st time mom.

Im supposedly to be 7 weeks today but went for scan and doct say its to 5.5 weeks instead. Either the baby stopped growing at 5 weeks or too small to advise. The sad thing im experiencing small amount bleeding (brownish) since last 2 days and there was blood clot seen in the scan 😭 today the blood became more red but still small amount.. Doct say do not put so much hope on this pregnancy but yet do not give up as Nothing is certain now.. Doct will review again 2 weeks time. In the meant time doct gave me duphaston to consume Anyone had any similar experience? Please advise

Stress and sad 1st time mom.
16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, I experienced the same as you for my 1st pregnancy. Started to have spotting in week 8, went for scan, the gestational sac is only week 5, can't see the baby yet. Doctor said probably baby is still too small to be seen. I was prescribed with Duphaston but a few days later, I passed out a big blood clot without much pain but little cramp. There was the gestational sac. But anyway, there is nothing much you can do now but to stay calm, rest more and stop thinking too much. Don't lose hope, talk to baby and wait for the scan.

Read more

My previous pregnancy also stopped at 5 weeks. My gynae got me to check again at supposedly 7 weeks, still at 5 weeks. I went for a second opinion the same day, results is still the same. I waited for another week before doing my procedure, baby did not grow although I waited 2 weeks in total. But now, I am pregnant again after a year. I am in my 21st weeks now. Stay strong ☺️

Read more

I have the same experience as you before. Not to worries don't stress yourself. Mine actually are twins but wait till 2 months no heartbeat the doctor say need to remove immediately. After 6 months I am pregnant again. I have give birth this year and my son is 4+ months. Most importantly you need to have more rest and lie down on bed to rest.

Read more
VIP Member

Hi Sister, don't worry and think positive. There is always a reason why things are happen to us, did you take enough rest? Try not to do nor carry heavy things as it might hurt your baby. Drink plenty of water and eat healthy foods. Listen to good music nor inspire stories of mums.

Dont be stress! Stay positive! I had bleeding from tear, went for a v scan and ended up with huge blood clot palm sized. Went a&e but everyting was okay. That point of time when i saw blood .. i tot gone alr.. have more bed rest! :) jiayou!

Read more

duphoston is medicine to help clear the blood clot and make the baby stick stronger. The doctir gv me duph at 10 weeks bec i bumped into a surface that caus3e me to have a bruising near the placenta. Nw im 30 weeks and baby is fine

Yes, it happened to me. Was week 7, but fetal pole was measuring 5w5d. It wasn’t a successful pregnancy for me that time. But not everyone’s situation is the same. Just do bed rest and take duphaston prescribed to you. Take care!

3y ago

Yes, I was.

Pray sis, hopefully everything will be fine. Don't stress and don't think too much. Don't carry and do heavy stuffs, like moping the flr scrubbing the toilet all. You need to rest more and take the duphaston on time

Kk told me the same thing but the doctor didnt give me any meds supposedly 7weeks but measured 5 weeks. then when I went to see another doctor in another hospital the next week i measured 6w5d and there was a heartbeat. :)

3y ago

no bleeding

you may have just conceived later than expected i.e. ovulated late. i thought i was 6 weeks as well but was only size of 5. be patient and have faith, it might be just too early to see anything