Annoyed by husband behaviour

I’m starting to get more and more annoyed by my husband behaviour. I get it. He earns more and support our family but he always choose to leave us alone and go and do his stuff.. whereas I have to be the one watching the baby and can only do my things AFTER baby sleep He’s already tired from work and he choose to go running. Then when he’s back, he fall asleep INSTANTLY. So I have to be the one who puts baby to sleep, do housework, clean baby bottles, pack his infant care bag and lastly shower before I can even go to bed. And in the middle of the night, when baby wakes up for milk. HE DOESNT HEAR HIS CRY AT ALL!!! Thus, I am the one who has to wake up and feed baby. Im not a stay home Mum. I still have work the next morning. Many times, I’ve ask him to watch over baby while I go shower or do housework, he walked away leaving baby alone in the living room and go meddle with his watch or simply sit far away playing with his phone. Sometimes I really wonder is my kid alone or our kid. He’s the one who craves for a kid and when the kid is here, his behaviour says otherwise. I seriously think it’s bcos he’s a baby boy and not baby girl. Which sets me thinking if baby girl, would he be like this??

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

This kind of situation , then you need to start to be petty. Everything he does that isn't right or not in your favour of contributing to parenting, then sound it to him. If you leave it just as it is, he will not realise what you need and just continue his style of way. Just tell him and if he doesn't listen and walks away, you keep reminding him. Like mentioned, have to be on the petty side, no choice.

Read more

Kick him out of bed and ask him to deal with feeding baby in the middle of the night? Maybe you ask him to do the housework while you take care of baby instead. If he insists on taking care of baby instead, then if he leaves, you walk over ask him to do the housework you are currently doing and say you'll take care of baby instead. Think he will prolly guai guai go back to look after baby.

Read more