I'm practically had a 2.5 month worth of confinement. After the first month, my mil said that she would look after my lo so that I can go for lunch. However, she imposed a restriction for me to be back by noon as she needs to die die leave home at noon for lunch. On days when my hubby is not working, he could still fetch me to somewhere further for lunch. She is also unwilling to look after my lo for more than 1.5 hours. As there is no eatery near my house, I would like to take a bus to the nearest coffee shop to eat, or call for delivery. For info, it takes me 30mins to reach the interchange and that means I have only 30mins to eat and run errands and another 30mins to travel back home. Delivery is an expensive option due to the min. Order amount required, plus sometimes they don't deliver to my place (staying near the farms and away from civilization, so not many eateries offer delivery too) Cooking is not an option because theres no ingredient at all for me to cook, and if I were to stay at home during my supposed lunchtime, she would not want to look after my lo. I don't mind cooking at home if I could babywear her, but she told me baby is too young to be in carrier, and if in stroller, very dangerous also cos she will be unattended when I cook. Asking her to buy lunch back for not is not viable as she will leave home at noon but be back at 5pm only. She also disallowed me to bring my lo out as she does not want my lo to be exposed to unnecessary germs, can only bring my lo out when she is 6 months old. She came out with a problem, I proposed a solution to her yet she rejected and asked me to think of other solutions. Today, she asked me to go out for lunch earlier on weekends as she wants to eat lunch with my brother in law, and my brother in law hopes to go out for lunch at 11.30am so as to maximize his weekends. Appreciate any solutions out there for consideration. I need to regain my sanity, haven't been out to the malls since my delivery. Don't know what to do when I return back to work. So much for asking me not to worry after I deliver as its ether grandparents responsibility to look after their grandchild, on the other hand unwilling to change her lifestyle at all. ??????

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I was a rebel during my confinement and did everything my MIL said I cannot or shouldn't do. I did everything during my confinement, and brought baby out when he was just 2 days before turning a month old for a gathering. After that, I go out EVERYDAY. I baby wear, use stroller, and go everywhere with my baby. I suggest you find alternative help to care for your baby if you are going back to work. otherwise you might find yourself having conflicts with her. if really can't go out, how about ordering groceries online so that you can cook when baby is sleeping?

Read more