hi mummies

im planning to give birth normally and so how much pads will i be using everyday? will there be alot of blood coming out everyday?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It depends on your bleeding. I found mine to be the heaviest in the first few days to a week. I would say change every 4-6 hourly, or when the pad is full and you feel uncomfy. So about 2-4 pads a day? The hospital can provide maternity pads but they are very thick and not that comfortable. You can try kotex overnight panties but it's pricey. I got kotex overnight pads in 42cm and they did the job. For me the bleeding went down a lot by 3rd week and period pads definitely sufficed. I also swtiched to regular day pads by 3rd- 4th week and pantyliner from 5th-6th week.

Read more
VIP Member

First few days will bleed more so get a big size one but as the days goes by it will be normal flow like your periods during that you can use your normal pad. 4-6 pads you will be using at the beginning cause the flow will be high and in hospitals they provide I suppose but still for the safer side you can have those maternity bikini XXL pad for few days or the pads you will be comfy with☺️

Read more

I had heavy bleeding the first week, and then subsequently it’s quite moderate. Now almost 3 weeks postpartum, my bleeding has been on & off. Hospital gave the maternity pads upon discharge but they were too thick and uncomfy as I had episiotomy. Best to prepare 2 packs of day and night pads each.

VIP Member

Use the hugest and biggest and most comfy pads u can find. And buy lotsa cotton disposable panties. My bleeding lasted for 1 mth. So just buy alot . And if can buy the rubber cot sheet. It's a good barrier between u and bed.

VIP Member

I bleed only for a week after birth because the one week is too much of blood , I have to change every 1 - 2 hours of pads. It really depends on your body.

VIP Member

First few hours or days will bleed alot more. Just change frequently for hygiene purposes. Cuz u need to keep ur below clean especially if u have stitch.

TapFluencer

It depends on individual mother I had heavy flow during first 3 days only. And I use kotex pants instead of maternity pad it's much more comfy

VIP Member

Just standby alot of pads. I prefer to use those disposable adult diapers. Easy no nd to worry abt overflow or stains

How early do Braxton Hicks occur? I’m 22weeks and sometimes I get the contraction feelings.. Is it normal?

Hospital will provide some and u bring some too..