32 Weeks 2.1kg

I’m pissed and annoyed at OBGYN comments today. Immediately she brought up induction and over exaggerated (IMO) baby to be 4kg by full term? I’ve already done induction for first child because I didn’t know much and it was a failure at KKH because they didn’t let me move or stretch to help with the mild contractions. My contractions went away and I lied down for almost 8 hours???? Obviously no progress lah even after breaking my water bag manually. That’s KKH for you. Tie you down like prisoner. Want to go toilet also don’t allow. So now I’m trying NUH for VBAC and I hear the word induction again. Wah, I’m fuming and disappointed! My husband and I are both tall. My first baby is 3.6kg at 39 weeks.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I just went for my 33 week growth scan at KKH. the scan suggests the baby is already 2.6kg with 12% error margin! Baby's growth was mostly average every visit until this one... Seems extreme since my overall weight gain for the whole pregnancy is still on the low side and i don't have GD. Now need to control diet for the next 1 month till the next scan. Sigh don't want to be induced.

Read more
3mo ago

here to report back that my baby came out 3.29kg at 39 weeks when doctors were expecting a 4kg baby. lol Sadly birth by e-csect cause the naturally started labour didn't progress well.

A Mummys friend had a 4kg baby delivered naturally with minimal tear recently. I think it’s possible to still deliver. Maybe you can just cut on carbs for another 2-3 weeks then see next appointment what’s your baby weight. Then if it’s below 3kg should be gynae over thinking

5mo ago

4kg?

yes sgh is the same. i had induction and they dont allow me to move around at all. i was literally on the bed throughout the contractions and have to pee on the bed! it was horrible and took so damn long to dilate...

5mo ago

Tbh the peeing part I made myself squat on the bed when the nurse went out haha finally had the natural urge to pee but into the cardboard thingy