Contractions at 36 weeks but discharged now from hospital

My first encounter of contractions at 35 weeks, went to Hospital to get checked if it’s braxton Hicks. Turned out to be real contractions, so they prepared me for labour. In the end it didn’t progress so I was discharged. At 36 weeks I had bloody mucous plug plus contractions. The spotting made me go hospital again. So I was admitted, contractions didn’t progress and discharged AGAIN. Bleeding also stopped. I thought this time I would give birth for real. my gynae understands that we are getting fed up. And she predicted in a few days I would give birth. Anyone had these experiences before?? What did u do?? This saga is toying with my feelings.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Me. I had real contractions and was admitted for 5days i was only 33 weeks that point. But after meds and given steroids i was fine after now i’m having often “Braxton-Hicks contractions” so yeap. Only go to the hospital when you are having this contractions of how they describe so you won’t waste your time . Really

Read more
Super Mum

Happened to me for 2nd baby. Although once, I was still extremely frustrated. So I was so scared to go back to the hospital again even though I continued to have contractions every day. I finally went back when I was in severe pain, and after my gynae had told me the day before that I was 4cm dilated already. Hang in there! Baby WILL come...

Read more
4y ago

From the time I went to hospital to the severe pain was another 5 days?