Breast Feeding Dilemma

I’m only 6 days postpartum and pumping is really driving me crazy thanks to the sleepless nights Would it be ok to not follow the pumping schedule as I am doing it every 3 hourly and it is so hard to get up at night with the vaginal pain and wearing the traditional binder to sleep.. Open to suggestions to cope with this stress…

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It’s normal to feel that way, especially MOTN pumps. Tbh it depends on whether you are insistent to provide only bm or is okay with mixed feeding or even full formula feeding. If you want to transit to bm, I wouldn’t recommend skipping/dragging pump sessions now as your supply hasn’t regulated and you need to pump regularly in order to signal your body to produce more milk. If you are okay with mix feeding/even full formula, just make sure to pump every few hours (longer hours like 4-6 hours) to prevent engorgement which will lead to mastitis. Give what you have will do (bm). I always standby my pumps beside me before I sleep then after I pump, get my husband to put in the fridge. I didn’t wear the traditional binder to sleep, usually only for 6-7 hours then I will remove. Also I didn’t bind frequently too. Body went to prepregnancy around 8 months without dieting. Don’t stress yourself too much. If bf is taking a toll your body and sanity, it’s okay to formula feed 😊.

Read more
8mo ago

Yes I am doing mix feeds now for my sanity.. Since I will be going back go work after my ML ends I might as well and work will not be easy for me to pump as and when.. Thank you for the suggestion will take into consideration! 🤍