ML Planing

I'm FTM soon, would like to know how you plan to take ML. Do you go for ML before EDD to get ready (body/mind) before labour? Or you still choose to work until last day of EDD?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I took maternity leave 3 days after my baby’s DOB as I was given mc for 14 days straight from 36 week to 38 week and just nice that gynae decided to do c-section on 37 week 4 days. Personally I still choose to work until last day, it helps distract my mind from anxiety of the pregnancy complications I have. But probably you should stop if it’s only stressing yourself. Adding stress before delivery isn’t good for your blood pressure and baby. Know your own stress threshold.

Read more
VIP Member

Started clearing some leave 3 weeks before edd (to start getting baby’s stuff which we didn’t get during CB and to enjoy my last few days of “freedom”!! Hahaha). ML start 1 week before edd. However, I deliver early hence ML just nice on the day of delivery starts.

I was working from home before labour and my ML began on the day I gave birth. Also cleared all my other leave (including unpaid leave for a few days) so I can spend more time with baby.

My wife started her ML on the day she gave birth, which was the EDD.

I took ML one week before EDD

my ML start on baby dob