Maternity leave 1 month before EDD

Hi, anyone took ML 1 month before EDD to get away from work? I know it may be a waste but just wanting to seek opinion from the mums here since its getting stress at work. Thanks!

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I took 3 weeks combination of vacation leave + MC before my EDD. For the MC, I take during days of my gynae appointments. Took the time to rest in the day, bcos it's getting harder to sleep in fhe night, and I was getting very bad backaches at work. I told my manager about a month before taking the leave.

Read more
VIP Member

I took leave 3 weeks before edd (2 weeks of personal leave and 1 week of ML before edd). However baby came earlier hence the 1 week ML I took in advance didn’t really become “advance”..

Super Mum

I took AL, and MC on days I went for my appt. But honestly, if you need to rest or are stressed, take the ML. Your health and baby’s life is more important:)

me! i took 1 month before my EDD. also cos to prep for babies item since i did not purhase any earlier. and to rest of cos. not all of us are lucky to get HL.

4y ago

my boss has been asking when do i plan to take ML - for work coverage purpose. i only confirm like a month ~ before taking ML. no worries :)

I asked my Gynae for HL..intended to tak for 1.5mths till edd..but my boss doesnt allow..only allow for 1mth..so nw i will have 2weeks lesser time with my bb...

4y ago

she suggested 1mth...or 30days...bcuz my CTS has worsen..... so HL will b only calculating working days..so it will stretch out to my edd...which will b juz fine..

my end was 19 oct last year, my company ask me to take my ML on 29 sep. so my ML started on 30 sep, haiz suddenly water bag burst on 01 Oct.

Actually better to start your ML one week before your EDD so that you can take more rest and have more bonding time with baby

VIP Member

I take 2weeks before EDD. just to sleep more hahahaha before baby arrive

VIP Member

actually better to use after birth. cos honestly 4 months is not enough.

Super Mum

requested to work from home 2 weeks before edd