Distressed

Hi I’m a FTM but unplanned pregnancy so feeling very stressed. Whole pregnancy has been very tough for me emotionally as I’m very fearful of pain and have been dreading to give birth. Have actually scheduled my c sect date thinking that it might be better for me mentally but I just found out from my gynae that husband isnt allowed to enter operating theatre due to the new covid restrictions. I’m feeling very ugh because I’m really very scared and I don’t know what to do. Gynae did advice me to go for natural as she shared that my baby doesn’t look too big and I’m tall as well, and that c sect recovery will be quite painful and unbearable whenever I cough or laugh but I’m so scared of the labour, contractions and the process of waiting as well. Not sure what I should do.. am feeling very upset with my husband because of this too. Do share some experience and advice with me to help me out. Thank you

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hello FTM! If you're scared of the pain, then you can opt for an epidural with natural birth. It's true the c section births take a longer recovery period and can be painful when you cough, sneeze or walk. But, most importantly, trust that your mind and body can do it - us women are stronger than anyone else because we have the ability to give birth! So take it easy on yourself and don't stress too much - pain will come and go, it's part of life, and learn to take things as they come.

Read more