Confinement without nanny

I'm a first time mum and delivering in June. For the past few months I thought I have made up my mind not to engage a nanny partly due to space and budget constraints. However, my family members start telling me recently that I should really engage one but for some reason I feel that we can manage without one. Here are some facts to share; do let me know your views! We live in a one bedroom apartment. Husband will be taking paternity leave. Husband has no problem with laundry and housework. Our mothers can drop by a few hours a day. We'll be ordering confinement meals. Based on the above, does it seem ok that we can go without a confinement lady?

20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

me too, im not getting one and the family and friends are like.. no.... you cant live wo a nanny.. hb is not comfortable with letting baby slp with nanny.. so there’s no point i think.. like you said right.. we can cater confinement food, just the takkng care of baby part will be dependent on ourselves. I think we can do wo one! jia you!

Read more
3y ago

hi! thanks! i haven done it yet.. edd in May. I might just take this haha instead of the expensive confinement meals. my fren did it wo nanny too.. and she did it.. so i think we’ll be ok