Conflicted, any suggestions will help

I'm expecting a child and staying with my parents. I really cannot tolerate my mom's emotional abuse as she will bring up the past and thinks she is always right. She expects a yes answer for the questions she asks. As such, I end up quarelling with her which I feel is no good for the child. Yet I can't move into my parents in law place because their house is messy and not conducive for my pregnancy and post pregnancy recovery. Neither can we move into a government pphs scheme as my husband need to take care of his unwell parents. We have tried for HDB SBF and BTO for a few times but without success. While we are planning for a resale, renovations cannot be done during pregnancy as far as I understand (pan tang). Please give some suggestions thank you

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I bought and renovate my resales flat during my pregnancy, nothing went wrong and i delivered my healthy boy. Most importantly is my newborn has a healthy environment to go up, rather than stuck in a toxic environment (for me is my inlaw place).