Worried

I'm currently 17 weeks pregnant and work as a Pri School Teacher. Almost everyday I will need to raise my voice and be firm to students. At times, I experienced cramps after correcting students. I'm really worried for my baby and scared it will be shock if I ever need to raise my voice and will be affected by it. As a teacher, I try many ways to address students, but at times, can't be helped and I still need to be firm and raise my voice. Will my job affect my baby's health and growth? I'm really worried as this is my first pregnancy.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi... i am a teacher too. I can totally relate with u. The hormonal changes, mood swings etc, it was really tough. I always remind myself to keep it cool, but i really cant. I dreaded going to work as i know i will be in a bad mood all the time. I felt bad for my baby in the womb. I am currently 37 weeks, and took unpaid leave since last week, cus i wanted to clear my mind off all the stresses at work and welcome the baby with positivity. I have got no advice for u unfortunately cus i just go thru the day. You got this!

Read more

Welcome to your 17th week of Pregnancy. I would suggest that you should try to keep calm and try alternative methods on students to make them listen .. perhaps some other way.. Stress is not helpful for either you or your fetus... Don't raise voice instead make them do some group activities or give assignments ...Remember your priority is your health right now..

Read more

Hello! I am an educator too. Sometimes it helps to tell your students what you are going through. They are capable of behaving better when they see you are struggling and hear what it is like for you. See it as an opportunity to teach them empathy as well by sharing your struggles. My students actually were more careful and even tried to take care of me by shushing each other, letting me sit down while teaching and even took food for me on their own accord. Anyway it is coming to the end of the term! Hang in there! Hope your colleagues are taking care of you also.

Read more