Pregnancy Problem.

I am 17 weeks & 6 days. and doctor say that they found 10cm & 4 cm cyst in my kidney. will it be okay if i proceed with the surgery to remove the cyst? or should i let it be? as the doctors are scared if the biggest cyst would to twist and burst. i need opinions from you mummys. ? as i'm so worried. and if i proceed w the surgery will my baby get affected from it. ?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hi dear, while it’s true that elective surgery has risks, it is still safer than emergency surgery if the cyst does twist and burst. People have also done surgeries like removal of the appendix during pregnancy. In fact, the 2nd trimester is the safest for surgery as the pregnancy is usually stable and baby’s not too big yet. If you trust that your surgeon can do a good job, then go for it:) For peace of mind, ask all the questions you need to.. whether to the surgeon, or nurses, or anaesthetist (who will put you to sleep). All the best, dear ❤️

Read more
4y ago

thank you so much!🥺❤️ I was only worried if it would affect my baby. as i lost my 1st child 3 years back then & wouldn't wish to go through it again.😔 this pregnancy is too precious for me. i'm having hard times thinking if i should do the surgery or not. as they are removing both of it. and i really don't want anything to happen to my baby.😔

Super Mum

If you look at the diagram, the kidneys are quite high up, away from the uterus (womb). Even though your womb is bigger than the one in the diagram, it’s still quite low down at this stage. Both organs are also in different spaces within the body, so the risk of directly hitting your womb/baby while doing the surgery is not high. It’s completely understandable why you’re worried/scared, and I’m sorry to hear about your baby 3 years ago 😢. Just said a prayer for you.. hoping you’ll find peace and be safe whichever decision you make ❤️

Read more
Post reply image
4y ago

i'm so thankful, this makes me feel better for once. may god blessed you. 🥺❤️