Cramps in First trimester

#pleasehelp I’m having cramps from raising my voice at work (I worked in an open concept childcare and when other classes get noisy, I need to raise my voice for children to hear me). I first got it on last Friday and didn’t bother but the cramps came on and off over the weekends and again on Monday. So on Tuesday I went to see a GP whom sent me to the ER. But the ER said baby is too small (4 weeks) and nothing can be seen on the scan and send me home without MC or HL hence I continued to work the next day. Just told me to come back next week for another scan and blood test at Week 5. Should I be concerned about the cramps? I’m so worried about miscarriage as I tried for 3 years before I finally conceived via IUI… It’s been a whole week now, and I have been cramping on and off. #advicepls

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Its totally normal to feel cramps during the first trimester, its just your uterus growing for the baby and its a good sign! But you know your body more than anyone else, so dont hesitate to always seek medical attention frm the gynae if you feel something’s really not right. Wish you a smooth pregnancy mummy!

Read more

I also had cramps during my first few weeks of pregnancy (feels a lot like period cramps)..on and off. When I saw my obgyn, she said it’s normal and most importantly, you’re not bleeding. What I’ll suggest is to consult your obgyn…this would be the best option.