Bad Dreams And Nightmare

I'm constantly having bad dream and nightmare after being pregnant. Is it common??

136 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes, it's very common to have weird dreams and nightmares during pregnancy. One possible cause is due to an increase in hormone production. These hormones may impact your emotions and your anxiety, and the way your brain processes information and emotions,resulting in more vivid and frequent dreams while you are pregnant. Also, you are likely to experience a change in your sleep pattern these days, especially because you may have the urge to urinate more frequently. This will impact your REM (Rapid Eye Movement) sleep. It is during REM sleep that dreams normally occur.

Read more

omg i thought i was the only one. my dreams have been nth but death and ghostly things. but i dont feel scared at all.its just different. if i had these dreams before i was pregnant i might have woken up crying or trembling or thinking about it the whole day. might even end up in sleep pralysis. but during pregnancy these dreams are weird. and its even more weird when you dont really feel anything when u wake up like it is just another day and you dont really think about it anymore. just weird 😂

Read more
4y ago

Same. Been having such weird and creepy dreams my dad always visits me in my dreams. He passed away last year. 😔

You might have some fears, worries and anxieties mommy or any unsettled issues in your mind regarding the welfare of your baby. Anything that we are preoccupied about during the day will typically store in our subconscious and will appear in our dreams. Anyhow, nothing to worry about. We all have dreams only that most of us forgot about it when we awake. God bless you mommy. May you have a healthy baby..

Read more

This morning my wife got so mad at me when she woke up. (10wks pregnancy) She told me about her surreal dream that it was me being with girls she dislike. They were yelling at each other in the dream. And she confessed that it wasn't the first time she dreamt about these girls. I'm now planning a small trip to some island or beaches to relax her mind.

Read more

It could be because of fear or anxiety about labour and delivery, or something happening to the baby. If the dreams are troubling you, start a “dream journal” that you keep beside your bed and try writing down your dreams the first thing you wake up. Also, try to relax before bed by reading a book, doing some breathing exercises, taking a bath or shower, or listening to your favorite soothing music.

Read more

I’m on my 10th week of pregnancy now. I am also experiencing nightmares/bad dreams that creeps me out everytime I wake up. Before, I thought that is maybe because I’m stress from work? (I think it can also add up) Then, I came to this page. So I think maybe it’s normal when pregnant. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I get dreams too but more on the sexual side of things. Being fatigue most times doesnt allow me to explore it as much as i would love to. I feel its a way of the unconscious mind sharing your inner most thoughts about the current situation. Dreams usually don't have a literal meaning. Unless u wake up with bruises then its best to seek help spiritually.

Read more

Me too.. Pero sa tingin ko po mommy nasa isip lang Natin lahat ng napapanaginipan Natin.. Mga worries, anxieties. Lalo na ako kasi twice na ako nag miscarriage kaya cguro may mga nightmares ako during first month. Pero always lang mag pray and surrender everything kay God para peaceful na ang pag tulog.. 😊🙏

Read more

Dreams were a rarity before pregnancy. I’m always frequenting them as of late and they are always nightmares. My husband always tells me I’m always murmuring in my sleep as if someone was hunting me down and it freaks me out everytime. Once, I was shaking in my dream. I wonder why my dreams and nightmares are super vivid now.

Read more
4y ago

I'm dreaming abt my hubby. In my dream he died. but before that the doctor said to me that there's only 20% chance of survival. when I woke up. I prayed. I cried. Because I am very paranoid. every night I woke up and checked if my husband still breathing (I have that anxiety) I really love my husband so much and I can't live my life without him. I pray pray pray pray and thinking that its just a dream, Im confused. Because my mom dreamt about me passing the exam, then it happened. Also my mom dreamt that I'm pregnant. 4 days after I found out that I am pregnant. thats why I am anxious abt dream 😭😭 But I know God will not let that happen. I am worried to my husband every hour of every day, but I keep hiding it

VIP Member

Yes sometimes I get that too... few days back i dreamt of a baby falling off the stairs and me running badly to save it... that was so scary... i think it is normal as we keep on worrying about the child in our womb constantly. Try to relaxy. Meditation will be a good practice to follow. I will start doing it myself now.

Read more