Bad Dreams And Nightmare

I'm constantly having bad dream and nightmare after being pregnant. Is it common??

136 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

When I got pregnant, I started to have many dreams. Parang Netflix, iba-ibang genre gabi-gabi. It's nice to know that it's just normal. I have read too in an article that this is caused by hormones of pregnant women. Hang in there, Mommies. We're doing a good job.

10weeks hir...most of d time, i wake up dreaming bout foods! and it seems, its a signal dat baby is saying, im hungry mommy!!! and yes, im having dreams evry night, just anything and i end up waking remembering it. which seldom happens to me before...

VIP Member

I guess it's common due to all the hormonal changes happening in our body. I'm week 20 now. I don't have much wild dreams now but was bad during my first trimester. I wasn't seeing nightmares but very unpleasant dreams. It stopped now.

Oh thank you for raising this. Im on my 1st trimester and can't seem to get a good sleep without a dream! At times it even feels like im not asleep at all!! I'm 1week close to my 2nd trimester and it's not that bothering as before....i'm sure it will pass.

Definitely normal. And no you're not worried or overthinking. It is normal for pregnant women to have vivid and more intense dreams. Pregnancy causes a change in hormone levels, which in turn affects sleep rhythms, leading to new dream patterns.

common! i had dreams and nightmare everyday during pregnancy. Only when it affects your sleep like because of these dreams and nightmare you get very bad sleep or little sleep, can consider to ask your gynae for medications to aid sleeping

Omg same here! every night i wake up crying from a dream and everytime i try to close my eyes to sleep i will wake up in a shock and breathless. im 26 weeks now and its getting more frequent. the nightmares are terrible and idk what to do

I’ve also experienced it: weird/ bad dreams, also difficulty to sleep. Starting around w6-7 and still continue until now (w10). And i guess it’s quite common during pregnancy. Hang on mom. You are not alone. We are doing good.

Ha yes it's very common. If they don't scare you too much (and aren't too bad!) write them down so you can turn into a fun story for your sin/daughter when they are much older - a nice adult bonding moment to laugh about.

I got it like almost every other day from w5 till now, w14. And it ranges from ghostly stuff to gore stuff (eg. killing bb w own hands). Never really dreamt of happy stuff before...