Bad dreams during 2nd trimester

I’m now 25 weeks 4 days pregnant and going through bad dreams like someone’s death, accident or something bad happened to someone every time i sleep . I don’t know it’s normal or not . Please suggest your thoughts mommy’s.

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Experiencing bad dreams during pregnancy, especially during the second trimester, is quite common for many expecting mothers. These vivid and unsettling dreams can be triggered by hormonal changes, anxiety, fears about the upcoming birth and parenting, or just the general stress that can come with pregnancy. It's important to remember that these dreams are a normal part of pregnancy for many women and do not necessarily reflect your true feelings or desires. However, if these dreams are causing you significant distress or anxiety, here are some suggestions to help you cope: 1. **Relaxation Techniques:** Practicing relaxation techniques such as deep breathing, meditation, or prenatal yoga before bedtime can help reduce anxiety and promote better sleep, which may lead to fewer bad dreams. 2. **Create a Calm Environment:** Ensure your sleep environment is comfortable, quiet, and conducive to relaxation. A soothing bedtime routine can also help signal to your body that it's time to wind down. 3. **Talk About Your Dreams:** Sharing your dreams with your partner, a close friend, or a therapist can help you process any underlying fears or concerns you may have. Talking about them can often alleviate some of the anxiety they may be causing. 4. **Positive Visualization:** Before going to bed, try visualizing positive and peaceful scenarios to help counteract the negative themes that may be appearing in your dreams. 5. **Limit Stimulants:** Avoiding caffeine and heavy or spicy meals close to bedtime may help reduce the likelihood of experiencing unsettling dreams. Remember, if these bad dreams persist and continue to cause you distress, don't hesitate to discuss them with your healthcare provider. They can offer additional guidance and support tailored to your specific situation. Take care of yourself and know that you are not alone in experiencing these challenges during pregnancy. https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

It could be us worrying too much as mother-to-be. I remember during my 2nd or 3rd trimester, I even morbidly dreamt of my baby being gone. I just delivered 11 days ago btw 😃. Just take time off to relax yourself. There are just too many things on our minds too!

No more dream once baby arrives cause no more sleep. Lighten up and if you believe it, some ppl say the dream is the opposite of real life. Maybe something GOOD is going to happen :)

Same same. And sometimes apocalypse too. Lol but I don’t really think or be bother about it cos I can’t recall who or what happed in the dream after wake up.

It’s common to have vivid dreams during pregnancy, I had almost everyday. It’s completely normal don’t think too much into it

TapFluencer

perhaps to a certain extent a reflection of your subconsciousness anxious concern for ur baby... take care 💕

I had vivid nightmares like this too. However I have forgotten most of it, maybe due to pregnancy brain? 😅

same, I have weird and bad dreams often. supposed to sleep well but ended up with such dreams.

I rmb having v strange dreams when I was pregnant and googling it, apparently it’s normal!

Normal. I had a lot of dreams during pregnancy, mostly nightmares 😅.