Eating food that should have been avoided

Hi, I’m about 5 weeks pregnant and have had salmon and medium rare beef few during the first few weeks before I knew i was pregnant. Is this an issue? :(

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

What’s done is done, so no point harping on it. What you can do now is to avoid taking anymore of such food, going ahead. I think any of us mummies would have eaten raw food, drank alcohol or lifted heavy things, etc before we found out we got pregnant. The only thing is to see a gynae and trust his or her to advice you on whether baby is healthy now and what to do going forward to help your baby continue growing healthily up to birth. Even some pregnant mummies eat instant noodles or fast food, drink tea or coffee during pregnancy, which is frowned upon. Others dye their hair, use cosmetics or facial products which they don’t know contain ok or not chemicals during their pregnancy. Hence, having a happy pregnancy is more important than worrying about these little things as what’s done is done and cannot be undone anyways.

Read more
Super Mum

Hi the reason we don't want to eat raw food is because there is risk of bacteria / food poisoning which can affect the baby. If you had any of those, the symptoms would have already shown clearly so if you're feeling fine then there's no harm done! Just avoid those from now on and don't worry about it 😁 all the best and enjoy your pregnancy!

Read more

It’s already been done. Your gynae will prolly say just take care of your food for the rest of the pregnancy. Personally I feel the all worrying tends to have bigger negative effect on baby rather than the food we accidentally eat. Sort out any negative emotions and enjoy your pregnancy.

It's okay. I didn't know I was pregnant when I was on a trip to Spain and had 3 glasses of wine a day for 2 whole weeks (I was about 2-3 weeks pregnant then). My baby is fine!

VIP Member

what's done is done, just avoid raw food from now onwards ((: