22 Replies

VIP Member

I read up about it and had an opinion of a doctor... Actually you can do both... They will just be more cautious when drying with the gel uv light. Normal polish has the chemical smell with us more toxic when inhaled.. some many feel queasy when they smell it.. other than that, is up to the mums whether they want to do it... The doctor too said it's up to the pregnant mum.. there's no scientific proof

It’s best to avoid due to the fumes and chemicals. My suggestion is to wait till baby is born. It’s fine to do it then as it does not affect breast milk supply. If for some reason die die you want to go for it, wait for your third trimester. Chemicals etc have higher effect earlier in pregnancy

It is better to avoid any chemicals on or around your body, just in case. Remember your skin is the largest organ of your body. Nothing to stop you getting a normal mani though!

I think it's ok to do it but remember to ask them not to massage your feet as there r many accupuncture points on our feet. might not be gd for baby

I avoided gel manicure throughout my pregnancy. better to be safe from all the chemicals and rays being used. try stick ons!

TapFluencer

I did all the way till last tri. Just use pillow to cover your tummy and shift the light don't let it shine your tummy.

My gynae said it's fine because the gelish goes on the nails, which are made up of dead cells anyway.

up to individual. some gyane or manicurist would say its ok, but some might say no.

My wife skipped manicure, pedicure and dye her hair due to chemical involved.

It's better to avoid gel manicures while pregnant due to the chemicals used.

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles