Manicure

Hi Mummies. Anyone did gel manicure during pregnancy? Isit safe to do so?

47 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It is safe to have gel nails while you're pregnant, so long as you're careful about having them applied and removed. Bear in mind that if you're booked in for a planned caesarean section, your doctor or midwife will ask you to remove gel nails in advance.

I'm in 2nd trimester and still doing my mani pedi hard gel once a month. So get use to it even before pregnancy.. My manicurist had just given birth in August. She was still on her hard gel upon delivering. So no problem :)

I still get my regular pedicure session pero linis lang and wala naman akong ingrown kaya as in kuskos lang ginagawa ng nail tech. :) Mahirap kasi kapag nasugat ka and na infection, and bawal pa satin ang nail polish kapag delivery na.

Nailtech here, actually marami paring ngpapa gel na pregnant.. As long as aware sila n my ibang dr/ob n ayaw ng nka polish ang nails ng patients nila 😊

I clean my own fingers with my own tools. Nakaktakot masugatan. There are lots of diseases that can be transfered thru infected tools (eh hepas, HIV, etc.)

It's safe to get it done while pregnant but you need to remove it bago manganak. Kse ung pulse check can't go thru the thick gel on your nail.

It's fine, but you may well be asked to remove them before delivery. If in 3rd trimester maybe skip the gel and just have tidy nails

Not safe kasi you can still smell it It's chemical po Ako i never had it on my finger nails. Simple & clean is beautiful

Read more

yaz. di lang advisable na pag manganganak ka na may nail polish. they check din kasi ang nails if something bad happen

Yes naka gel polish ako, tinakpan ko lang ng pillow yung tummy ko kapag nilalagay ko na sa uv yung fingers ko :)