12 weeks with a slight depression

I'm 12 weeks now. Backache, no appetite, can't sleep well, sensitive to smell, dry vomit and exhausted. I Can't eat much but still gained 3 kg during my first trimester; my body size is expanding quickly, had to buy a new bra and maternity dress. Somehow I feel a slight bit depressed, like I have wasted my 2 months doing nothing like a useless person. Since week 5, I have spent most of my time in bed, like 20 hours a day, due to nausea, dizziness, headache etc. I can't walk much and can't sit for a long time. I cried a few times, l felt so lonely that I can't share my feeling to anyone. As I was trying to share my feelings with my husband and my mom, their reply was always, "Continue to stay on the bed; you need more rest".. Husband kept telling me he couldn't understand how I felt, how suffered I was, but I know he's been trying hard to calm me down. To all the mummy out there, wondering when is this going to end? I can't wait for short jogging, at least some exercise makes me feel like I'm more like a normal person. I'm going for NIPT and Oscar test tomorrow; hopefully, everything goes well. To my baby, no matter how suffered mummy was but I will never leave you. Mummy loves you and counting down the days to May 2022. ♥️

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

hello there, maybe try asking your gynae if you can go for a slow jog and do mild exercises during your 2nd trimester? my gynae told me that I could still continue w my daily routine such as going out for a walk or do light weightlifting when I went for my first appt at 6th week. I think there are also prenatal yoga classes... maybe u can sign up for them and join the classes with other mummies to be? stay positive and try to do things that make you happy or take your mind of it. things will get better! take care!! ❤

Read more
2y ago

Thanks for the encouragement, will continue to stay positive 🤗