First Trimester Problem - Please Help

I need help. Emotional support help. I'm pregnant for 4-5 weeks(according to my period calculator tracker). This is my first baby. I was diagnosis with hyperthyroidism(grave disease) since 2015. Been following up well with my endocrinology at NUH, so far everything when good before I got pregnant. Now, I starting to feel depressed about this pregnancy. I got nausea all day. I cried many times during working hours and even at night to the point my anixety rises up. I begin to start blaming my husband for putting me in this position. I'm scared what if my baby will not born like a normal healthy baby. I know, I shouldn't be overthinking but mummies, I can't help it feeling this way. It's gotten so bad that I can't eat and even if I do, it will taste nothing. I can't sleep due to the pain of backpains and cramps. Mummies, tell me what should I do to ease a bit of pain on this journey? #pleasehelp #firstbaby #1stimemom #pregnancy

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mummy! Congrats on having a baby soon. Pregnancy is tough especially at the beginning and I was also angry at my husband for causing all those symptoms i was carrying then. You may want to talk about this to your husband to share your pain. After sharing my pain, I felt better as he was aware of what i an going through and he was more understanding of my situation too. Like you, i was also overthinking about my child all the time, that was why i took the Down syndrome test in week 12 to get myself some assurance that everything will be ok. You may want to consider that too! The scan is not 100% accurate but it will tell you about any abnormalities that is visible throughout the scan :) Hang in there mummy, you got this! ❤️ things will get alot better in second trimester, wishing you all the best!

Read more
Super Mum

Hey Mama, pregnancy can be stressful, uncomfortable and beautiful all at the same time. You may want to speak to a professional about how you’re feeling. Having support during this period is very important. If you need a listening ear, pls dm me on ig. Hang in there!