I'm 10 weeks pregnant and have been consuming folic acid. Do I stop at my 12th week or 12+6 or should I continue?

36 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Folic acid is recommended to be taken before conception (when planning for a baby) right up till 3 months after conception. If you have leftovers, it is of no harm to finish the supply as long as you stick to the instructions. I would stop at 12+6, just to be on the safe side. http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/vitamins-minerals-supplements-pregnant.aspx#close

Read more

You can continue the folic acid until finish the remaining. After that you can start multi-vitamins which is for pregnancy and it includes folic acid as well. If you are unsure of which brand, you may purchase directly from the gynae's clinic. In addition to multi-vitamins, you can take fish oil supplements to help baby's brain development.

Read more

im 10 weeks and 4 days preggy but my doctor's advice I should continue my folic daily she gave me 3 pcs small box of follic good for three months that's full of vitamins we need that during pregnancy

Continue with folic acid, it really helps with the growth of the baby until the baby is born ... Some also recommend that you also consume it when you're breastfeeding after the baby is born.

I continued No reason to stop It’s crucial for bb development etc etc Take supplements for expecting mums as well as materna milk Calcium is extremely important

Read more

i continued throughout my pregnancy. there is no harm to continue taking folic acid, just make sure you also take in sufficient iron from 2nd trimester onwards. :)

I continued for the vitamins. My ob and the nurses told me to just continue taking it (also iron stores deplete in the last trimester)

Dr told me to stop folic acid once i start on multi vits. Multi vits usually contain folic acid. Best is to check with your gync.

Folic acid helps I. Reduction of birth defects of baby brain and spinal cord so please don't stop unless Ur gyn suggest .

2nd trim u can take prenatal vitamins/ obimin , it already contains folic inside.