Doing It After Birth

Im at 1 month pp and doctor checked all ok. So hubby wana try 'doing it'. i would love to but a lil skeptical as im scared that (1) it may be too painful and might caused tear to the stitches (2) the pain due to dryness (3)i may not enjoy it as much as i want it.

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

It’s very natural to feel scared or hesitant. You can share how you feel with your husband to see if he’s okay waiting a little longer, or if both of you can express love for each other in other ways at the moment. As for your concerns, the stitches shouldn’t rip anymore if it’s all healed nicely:) If you’re worried about dryness or pain, you can try using lubrication gel to help. The enjoyment part comes from more than just a physical interaction. Talk to your hubby and see if he can find a way to help you relax and enjoy as well. That’s what love is about:)

Read more

For my case after birth my sex drive is no longer the same as before, i only tried aftr 4mth pp, its abit dry and pain down there during my 1st try.. i bought lubricant gel to do the second time and its feeling alot better

Hi, I would suggest that give your body more time to heal. Also, candidly explain to your husband on how you feel about this right now. I am sure he will understand and be more supportive about it

Maybe you want to wait a little bit more till you are comfortable?

VIP Member

Best to wait until after 3months

TapFluencer

Only if you're comfortable