VBAC - any chance after csect

Any mummies had vbac successfully? Whats the age gap and how was it? My first pregnancy end up in emergency csection on 40 weeks due to failed induce and poor dilation (after 3 induce only 2cm). And i wonder, if im not able to dilate for my first birth, does that mean ill have the same problem for the upcoming pregnancies(ofc will try to gap for 2 years or more) 😣 i want a natural birth but im scared itll be the same as before due to no dilation

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You can plan but it really depends on ur next pregnancy. I had elective csect for my first and was hoping to go natural for my 2nd. Gap was 3 years. However unfortunately my 2nd is a big baby too (3.8kg) and I'm a small mama. Still not dilated at 39 weeks and I didn't want to risk any complications so eventually decided for another elective csect again. It really depends on individual pregnancy and ur gynae. I know of a mom who cld even do a vbac with a big baby of more than 4kg. But she really researched alot and prepared her body well.

Read more

I asked my gynae the same so he said every pregnancy is different.. I also hope that my current pregnancy I can dilate well to natural too 🙏🏻