Is it ok to sleep on queen size mattress that is placed on the floor during confinement?

My mattress is around 20cm thick. Have been sleeping on it all the while during pregnancy. Getting up may not be as easy but it is still manageable. Lately, have been wondering would that be an issue after I deliver hopefully through natural birth. With stitches below, has any mum went through the same situation and is ok with it?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I am using a mattress on the floor too, but my mattress is rather thick about 40+cm tall. Hence i do not require a bed frame. Doing confinement and etc with this taller height mattress isnt much of an issue. But a short mattress like yours will come in difficult when you get in the later stages of pregnancy and after child birth

Read more

Hi , baby will get heavier as you progress towards 3rd trimester. If you feel uncomfortable better to get a proper bed where you don't have to strain too much to get up. After giving birth you might find it even more difficult and best to get a proper bed as you will be resting most of the time.

5y ago

Ya so true. Alrdy feeling the strain. Will improve the bed height! Thks for the advice!

VIP Member

My advise if for you to sleep on mattress with proper bed frame. Physically, It will be difficult for you to get up and carry your baby.

5y ago

Thks for the advice! Will see how we can improve the situation!

VIP Member

Better to be on the bed cos of the stitches but if really can’t then have to be careful when u get up

VIP Member

its better on mattress . A bed is needed 😁