If your child is wide awake the whole night, what activities do you do with them?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey, I guess, keep singing lullabies one after the other in the hope that at some point of time he will sleep. ;p Else, you can just the baby be in her nursery. Let her play with her toys till the time she gets exhausted and go to sleep. Till that time you can lie down on a bean bag nearby or put a mattress on the floor so that even if you fall asleep, you know that baby is on the floor and would not fall off the bed.

Read more

I keep the room dark, definetly no activities you may send her the wrong signal by doing so. Night is for sleep so keep it cool, calm and quiet. You can sing to her, carry her and walk around. I wouldnt do anything else. In time she will sleep and learn that its bedtime.

Play songs where he can sing and dance along, read or watch bed time stories until he falls asleep. Of course, we can't control the sleeping hours of kids all the time. I bet all of us have experienced one way or another having kids staying up the whole night.

Anything that will make her tired so she'll eventually fall asleep. I let her play/roll/crawl/dance.

Things that will let them wind down. I just let my daughter walk around the room with 1 lamp lit

Sing action songs, dance, walk around the room. Anything that will make her tired and sleepy.

I think the question would be, why would your child be wide awake the whole night?