Change diaper in the middle of the night/morning

Do you change your baby diaper before/after feed during night feeds ? Like after midnight to morning. I usually change baby diaper before/after feed during day and night but once it hit midnight my baby would usually sleep longer, wake up just to feed then sleep back. Im scared if i change the diaper during that timing itll make him wide awake and wont go back to sleep for hours cause he’s usually wide awake once change diaper. #firsttimemom

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Halfway. I will always feed him until left 20ml (he will always poop during feedings or a bit after feedings) to change his diaper. If he can continue sleeping after that, then will let him sleep, if not, then continue feeding the final 20ml then put him to sleep after that. if I'm breast feeding, will change after he is done with one side. then feed him the other side after diaper change. Or if he wants to cluster feed, then feed him one side until he falls asleep, change diaper, then continue on the same side until he falls asleep again...

Read more

I'll change it after the feed, if the baby doesn't fuss during the feed from the dirty diaper. if baby fusses, then midway through the feed,I'll stop to change. My baby doesn't like wet diapers, so changing regularly keeps him happy

If middle of night feed, I'd change before feeding or half way through and continue feeding aft. Tt way I can just put baby down to slp aft feeding. But in the day, I'd change aft feeding.

i ll change his diaper before feeding at night. if he poops during the feed then change again at end or near the end of the feed. if no poop then just go back to sleep

during night feeds i will usually change before feed if baby diaper feels full/there is poop so when she nurse she can suckle back to sleep

give it a try and see. I changed the diaper during midnight feed so the pee wont leak and stain baby bedsheets

We used to do it at about 11~12am when baby was younger. Stop doing it when she’s around 6 months young.

During the day i will change baby diaper after feed and during the night i will change the diaper before feed.

I just change after every feed even if he sleeps through the night. Unless there’s poop then will change.

I still change every 3-4h luckily so far so good never been awake