Breathing issues

If my baby have breathing issues when drinking milk. And i did went to ANE.. Although he dont have choking episodes. But when he drink milk.. He tend to breath very hard and there is very loud sound... ANE wanted him to do scope. But my husband asked me to do a force discharge. Then i am going to ENT tml... I told my hub if doc advise to do scope. We will go ahead. And he said if i let baby do scope. Anything happen i will have to ans for it...he say doc check abit later if surgery how.. Why we need to let baby suffer. He said he think baby is normal.. He will outgrown... The breathing issues.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey what was the decision made for baby? Did you eventually go ahead with the scope? My baby is also drinking and making noises at the same time. Sometimes she has choking episodes but I’d quickly pull the bottle away and hold her upright or angle her slightly faced down and pat her back gently. Then she’d be ok and just “hmmmm..” She occasionally has projectile vomitting as well if she’s not burped properly after feedings. And most of the time she takes more than 10 mins to burp especially at night it’s so difficult to get her to burp. So I had to do lesser quantity of milk with frequent intervals instead. Please update if you decided to do a scope on your baby! 🥺❤️

Read more
3y ago

Congratulations to you.. Hehe. I am about the same as you... Haha. Ermergency csect too..where mine only 2cm dilated hahaha. Went in on 17 oct and csect the next day. Anyway.. If your baby is drinking well. Weight is going up. Percentile is okay. Most probably its fine. But if you are worried like me. To check for a peace of mind. Doing nasal scope is fine. There js no risk for that. And they just use a thin scope and scope the nose. No GA needed. And you just stand there and watch.. Baby juzt cry awhile after that. Perfectly fine.

Scopes are generally safe for everyone. Trust the doctor. Of course they have checked on your baby and knows the underlying issue that causes the breathing. Maybe your husband is afraid of the hospital charges since he asked for a forced discharge? The blame should be put on him instead if anything happens not you. You've tried your best to send your baby to see a dr.

Read more

Please trust your doctor. I know a 6 month old who snores very loudly. It was seem to be norm, but upon further check, realized she has a tumor on her nose. Had to go thru surgery to mend it

Please listen to doctor advise. If not serious they will not let u stay in hospital also 😂 they will make u go back home. Haha