Any idea what to do with a 16 month old every day after meals? I am a sahm. Have been bringing her to some playgroups, indoor playgrounds, swimming, parks and even Changi airport. She loves to go out and gets pretty bored at home. She is a very steady walker/runner btw. Pls help me by giving any suggestion. Thanks!

23 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi! I was a FTWM when my boy was 16 months but we made full use of the weekends and my days with these activities! And since you are free during weekdays that's the best cuz everywhere ain't crowded (lucky you!). 1. Shopping centers with free indoor playgrounds - Paragon, Marina Square, Seletar Mall! 2. Animal Resort - free entrance, just need to pay to buy the food to feed the animals. 3. SPCA / Mdm Wong - if you would like to cultivate an appreciation for animals / dogs. 4. Enrichment classes - at 16 months, the available enrichment classes are parent-accompanied so it's also parent-child bonding time. How about My Gym or Kindermusik or Sparkanauts? My boy attended these at that age and he loved those classes! Btw, you can now book for My Gym at $120 for 4 trial classes - an exclusive offer with todaygotclass.com only. Hope this helps!

Read more
VIP Member

There are so many things to do! in fact children loves general items instead of toys. If weather permits, head out to explore. Since below 2yo, some enters free! Even if they are unable to play those big scale playground, it's a good exposure and also place for them to drain their energy. I like to see my kids interact with other children so i would know how are their behaviour and if needed, i would correct them if they begin to play rough. For home wise, DIY play dough. Endless creativity! My elder son pretends he is a chef, he creates weird food using play dough and serves to me.

Read more

With Sg ‘Circuit Breaker’ and social distancing, all the above were favourite places and activities of history or ‘herstory’! (Hihi) I try to make new memories from home nowadays after meals, my 16 mths is develop her fine motor skills with stickers and magnetic pad under supervision. She loves to flip books and explore her night bedroom. I would take pic or vid and share with relatives and friends whom we cannot visit for the coming one month.

Read more

I love bringing my LO to the supermarket as it's the ideal place to teach them all the basic words! Egg, Apple, Orange, Fish, Prawn, Bread... the list goes on! You can also bring her everyday to do your basic grocery shopping and let her run around to help you grab items for your cart. If you're in the West, JEM NTUC have mini shopping trolley or push car for toddlers... my LO loves it!

Read more

Bring to outside like on the garden and then give him a sketch book and water colors..let him sketch the book with the colors..before that..wear him a plastic tshirt cover to cover his hand and body from the colors..or u can do this xtvt inside home too..trust me ur baby will enjoy it..other than that u can play a kite with him..

Read more

How about bringing your LO for some classes ? I bring my 7mth old out Everyday too cause he will get cranky when at home as he is bored even after I filled his room with toys n more toys. There are yoga lessons for mummies n babies, check out library for free programs, play dates with other mummies, enrichment classes for ur LO?

Read more

My son is also.16 month old. He loves outdoor playground like marine cove, he loves the public pool. There are lots of free or almost free places to explore in Singapore. On very hot day you can use the indoor playground at the shopping centre too !

Bring the LO to airport! There's sooo many things to see and do and PLENTYYYYY of Dove to let them run about plus it's relatively safe. Can take the sky trains. And Colouring stations. And playgrounds and viewing galleries!

My sin gets easily bired at home too so i would bring him out often, or ask him to help me with some stuff around gouse while i do, i didnt mind the mess though as he is very curious and kike to explore around,

How about farm visits? Goat farm, fish farm. Botanical Gardens, Gardens by the Bay. East Coast Park, Sentosa, Sembawang Park, there's beach.

Read more