I would like to know does it necessary to purchase a maternity bra? Can i just wear the normal bra that i am wearing now?

90 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

hi momsh.... i didn't use brassiers now. What i am using is a Naple Tape which i bought thru shoppee... i am more comfortable using it. no hassle. no harm/hard breathing feelings 🙂 well, just sharing!

I am in the itty bitty titty community and i still use my wireless bralette which i can easily pull down to release the breast. If you are buying nursing bras get good ones not the cheap ones at qoo10. I had mastitis 3x cos i slept in them.

VIP Member

It depends, if you are comfortable in your current ones then use it. I changed mine to non-wired and bralet instead because it's more comfortable for the growing boobs now. Will only get the maternity bra at the mid of 3rd trimester or so.

Hi I would like to know today I am 12 weeks. But the laste 3 days I have carping on the rigte side of my tummy is n sit and I stand up to fast or sit to long and then standing up is it normal did this happen to you

3y ago

I am 29 weeks pregnant and I had these these cramps too. I think these cramps are normal. so whenever I wanted to stand up I move calmly not putting pressure on my lower body.

VIP Member

Your breasts will definitely be bigger after delivery. You can opt for a bigger normal bra or maternity bras. If you are nursing, you may want to use a nursing bra. Whichever is more comfortable for you.

I got a set of bra extenders from Amazon as the cup size fits fine for now and it's still comfortable...the extra room on the band helps me (much cheaper option also)

I bought one maternity bra just in case.but so far doing fine with my non maternity bra -from sorella meryl lycra material. It doesnt have underwires and is made of breathable material.

VIP Member

If you feel comfy. I couldn't fit into my bras at week8. I felt so stuffy and painful with wires so I had to change to all non padded and non wired ones.

My normal bra is already uncomfortable. Nursing bra give you some tolerance for the growing bossom. So it will make you feel more comfy.

Maternity bra I think it didn't useful for newborn but when child grown up it's good. I recommend sport bra that's easier for newborn.