would you recommend maternity bra/panties?

I'm 8 weeks in and preparing for whatever that I can. I usually wear Uniqlo bras without wires so I'm still surviving well. But I wonder if I should get maternity bra and how will u know what size to get?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

For now, it’s too early for you to buy as your boobs will grow and you cannot predict the size. Some bra extenders will be alright. Once they get tight, then look around. If you are planning to breastfeed / pump milk, nursing bras / hands free bras are useful, otherwise you have to take off your bra. Same for nursing clothes. Maternity clothes are nice but if not equipped for nursing without the openings.

Read more

Buy when you really can’t fit in anymore. A saleslady at mothercare advised me that bra size would change three times throughout the pregnancy. Bought a nursing bra (can be used during pregnancy and after also, more worth it) in the beginning of my second trimester cos couldn’t fit into my old normal ones anymore but now that im hitting my third tri, I feel that my boobs are growing bigger again haha

Read more

I'd say continue to wear what you have as long as they are comfortable and still fit. Don't buy too many in advance because you don't know how much your size will change. Buy perhaps 2-3 when your old ones start to feel too small. I'm at start of 3rd trimester and have bought 4 nursing bras so far. They are about 1 cup size bigger than my old ones

Read more

I started buying maternity panties once my normal ones started feeling tight around 12 weeks. Felt so much relief on my stomach as it doesn't cover my tummy! Bought a maternity bra too. But yet to use it as I could still fit my normal ones.

Yes you should, you can start using it before labour to make optimum use of the bra/ panties, esp when your usual size start to feel suffocating. I suggest go to the store/baby fair and try it on first to get the correct size/advise.

VIP Member

I bought bra extenders when is in the first trimester, they were useful in the second trimester. And a couple of Marbury brass because they will come in handy during nursing anyway

TapFluencer

I feel maternity bra is important coz it’s easier to breastfeed. And boobs will go up another size or two after giving birth. Don’t wear wire types, not good for engorgement.

Super Mum

I would say dont buy so early.. ur size will keep increasing till later stage.. buy when u feel ur current dun fit anymore.. can use bra extender for the time being

Super Mum

I just use regular panties and bra during pregnancy. If they become tight then buy bigger size. Maternity bra is more for breastfeeding :)

TapFluencer

Bought 1-2 only on last trimester, and get it online during confinement period cause delivery quite fast