I would like to know does it necessary to purchase a maternity bra? Can i just wear the normal bra that i am wearing now?

90 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Hey babe. Personally speaking, I read a lot when I was pregnant to get maternity bra or not and the online answers were very vague. I bought anyway because I only have wire bras and they were eating into my skin as my chest and waist expanded. And I’m really thankful I bought because maternity bras can be very affordable at mummy fairs with there really is no harm at having 2-4 in your stash of bras. I’m super glad I got them because it made nursing my bb so much easier and it was comfy. I’m 5months in and baby is still latching.. maternity bra to me is a must have- comfortable and transitional! I prefer the clip on nursing bras I bought at the fair though:) https://welovesupermom.com/products/atm-basic-maternitynursing-bra-3pcs-autumnz-basic-maternitynursing-bra-3-pcs-without-padding-black

Read more

Maternity bras are made to hold your enlarged assets usually without wire support. I used to think that I would be able to survive with a normal bra but it got too tight at the top of my ribcage and was uncomfortable with a wired bra. Maternity bras are really comfy but you could also use nursing bras or your current bra if you're wearing non-wired ones. Maternity, nursing and non-wired bras can last you till you decide to end your breastfeeding journey as it is not encouraged for you to wear wired bras while lactating to prevent clogged ducts. Hence buying a few to last you your laundry cycle will be a worthwhile investment.

Read more

If you still feel comfy in your bras. Mine start swelling in first trimester and it started to get uncomfortable in my underwire bras so I got a few nursing bras (padded no wire). Suggest to get nursing bras instead of maternity which are so comfy to wear and can use for nursing. I bought autumnz nursing bras at the baby fair and the staff measured and recommended the sizes for me based on rough estimation so could still fit nicely for nursing later on.

Read more

it is always better to wear a maternity bra when you are pregnant because they are more suitable to provide support to your growing breasts. they have a better support and wider straps, so that your breasts do not hurt as they grow. also, many of them come with a nursing flap and you can also use it during your nursing period.

Read more

In my expirience a good stretchable bra helps with growing cup size and make growing boobs feel supported. Normal bras tend to be tighter and underwire ones block the blood circulation. I would recommend Sloggi Bra from Triumph. using them and it feels you are wearing nothing.

Based on my experience I dont frequently use my nursing bra I find it uneasy especially when breastfeeding my little one. The best bra for me is tube bra its easy to pull off when breastfeeding my baby. The best buy for me when I was pregnant was NURSING SHIRT :)

VIP Member

Depende yan sis. Meron kasing mga babae na pag nabuntis hindi naman masyadong lumalaki at sumasakit ang dede. Meron din namang mga babae na mabilis lumaki ang dede at sobrang sensitive (gaya ko) kaya depende yan sis kung komportable ka naman sa ordinary bra ok lang.

Even before being pregnant I'm used to wearing sports / active wear bra because it is more comfortable and still using them at 12weeks pregnant. But I bought some cotton / seamless nursing bras in a bigger sizes in case my bras doesn't fit me anymore.

yes instead of maternity bras just buy the normal cotton ones that are plain. even after the delivery u would just want to use the cotton ones because more then pregnancy, after the delivery u get more irritated with the bras as u have to feed the baby on and off

I'd advise you to get a maternity bra. Your boobs are gonna get bigger and you'll need support there. You don't want it to sag too early right? Also, if you plan on breastfeeding, you'll probably need them anyway so invest on a good one during pregnancy :)