I am wondering if it is okay for my child to own a set of pokemon cards... his classmate gave him a set of 10 cards which he always keep them in his school bag... i have many concerns on this, i.e. will he not pay attention in class, will he fight with others because of the cards, will he get too engrossed with pokemon and ask me to buy more and more if i start buying him a set and eventually steal money and buy himself if i don't buy.... right now, i just explain to him that it is not right to accept things that the classmate's mummy buy for the classmate and give to my child hence he is going to return today... but he will look with envious eyes when others have pokemon cards... actually i would prefer him playing transformers than cards.... should i buy cards or not.... somebody please help :o

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Don't buy under peer pressure. Since you rather get him a transformer, get him that. Tell him that it's something different. If u want to play pokemon card, arrange a day out. share toys with your friend;

frankly if that's the case then i wont buy. in fact i don't agree with all the Pokémon or action figure. my boy only plays with Duplo and vehicles, playdoh.

VIP Member

How old is your child? I think it is alright for him to have the cards as long as he doesn't ask for more.

7y ago

My child is 6 years old now... hmmm... not sure will he ask for more... worried that if i start buying... he will ask to buy more... especially if he wants specific card... haiz

VIP Member

Are they in primary school or childcare at the moment?

7y ago

They are in K2 childcare. :)

how old is he?

7y ago

My child is 6 years old now... hmmm... not sure will he ask for more... worried that if i start buying... he will ask to buy more... especially if he wants specific card... haiz