who should take care of baby

I will be giving birth in another 5 months and my sister-in-law just found out she is pregnant too. Thus, my mother-in-law will be the one taking care of the babies. However, my MIL has stated her preference to stay with SIL instead of staying in my house. Which option is better in your opinion? 1. Get my relative, aunt who stays nearby to take care of my baby so baby can enjoy one-to-one attention. 2. Appoint a maid and share with SIL, to assist my MIL to take care of my baby and hers. My MIL has helped me to take care of my elder kid and so far I am comfortable with her.

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Like what others have already shared, I think #2 is not legal either. Other than that, I'd also prefer to have an aunt that stays nearby if I were in your shoes! Since your MIL has already stated her preference, then I think it'll be better for you to respect her decisions and make separate arrangements for your child - I'm not saying to totally ignore your MIL or not let your child visit, but the main caretaking duties should be under you and your aunt so that both children can get the attention and focus they need from their caretakers. In addition to that, having an aunt that stays nearby would be better for any emergencies - and it's easier for her to help you out too :)

Read more