I am very curious... if husband earn more than wife, should he contribute more money to the family?

51 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

-.- Marriage is an equal partnership. Financial contribution should start at 50:50 and one should try to live on the lowest income member so that both can contribute equally. I have seen so many marriage went down the hill because one party expect the richer party to contribute more or married the other party because of $.$ (entitlement) The above rule should not stop the richer party to spend more on his/her spouse but it must be out of his/her own free will. If the richer party is expected to contribute more, then the union is based on financial needs and not love. Which rich person dare to married someone poorer? If there are to be gender equality, we need to stop this mind set.

Read more
5y ago

Wow, this actually makes sense... I earn less than the kids' father, and he always expected me to contribute as much as he does. So I still think the 50:50 ratio is unreasonable. Perhaps calculating by percentage would be more logical.