Hubby doesn’t want to do 50% of parenting as he says I don’t earn 50% of household income!

So angry with my husband. He says that he earns much more money than me. I earn about 50k a year and he earns around 250k. As such proportionately he should only do at best 20% of parenting duties and I should do the remainder. I work just as long hours as him. But my job doesn’t pay as well. What should I do! #assholehubby #ranting

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I’m so sorry you have such a husband!!! I know it’s wrong to ask someone to split up… but I would totally leave him and fight for half of his assets and a good monthly alimony. That way he don’t even need 0.1% of parenting duties. If you can’t give me your time, at least give me the money. It’s his money, his rights yes, if he don’t want to spend on his wife so be it… But I don’t understand why so calculative over his own flesh and blood. So next time when he’s old and fragile, should your kid only take care of him based on how much he pays? I really hope by then he would have saved a lot. 😉 You can offer him to go counselling as a last resort in hope for this rs to work. But at the same time, don’t feel affected by him anymore, live better than him instead. Don’t want to help? Don’t want to pay more? No worries, I’ll do it myself. But in the future if your child decides to call you uncle then you have to accept it. You don’t give 20% and expect 100%. That’s bullshit.

Read more

I'm sorry to hear about the situation with your husband. I believe parenting duties should be split fairly between both partners regardless of income. It's critical to have an open and honest conversation with your husband about how you're feeling and how you both can come up with a plan that works for both of you. Additionally, increasing your income is always a great idea, and exploring legitimate and reliable applications can be a good place to start. Check out https://joywallet.com/article/blackout-bingo-review/ to discover the main features and possibilities of one of the most reliable and legit cash game apps. If you're interested in exploring ways to earn extra income, you can also consider options like freelancing, starting a side business, or investing.

Read more

Have to think cafefully and slowly why did you arrive at such a situation in the 1st place. I'm sure you didn't think of splitting parenting duties equally when you both first planned for the child? If you feel overwhelmed by taking care of your child, why not consider a helper since forcing your husband down the path of taking up 50% of the parenting looks like a very bad outcome where couples do not wish to end up in the 1st place. It may not be the ideal solution but at least i think there will be less quarrels and disharmony which usually doesn't end up well over time if not resolved. I would consider the health of the family over other disputes if it can be solved in one way or another even if it is done in an undesirable way.

Read more

your hubby is an asshole indeed. it doesn’t work that way omg. my ex was like that too, using his income as power against me. this is very demoralizing that he thinks he’s better than you because he earns more. parenting is 50-50! if you can, do invite him for counseling.. or get some counseling yourself to seek help on how to manage. it’s important that this be resolved and not drag on for too long, you’ll resent him more over time

Read more

Oh such a mindset is so ugly. No other suggestions as he is your choice, u might have like his abilities. Not sure he spend all 100% of salary on u and household. If not I can calculate back on how much allowance he gave u and do maths for how much he should contribute to parenting. Or spend all his money by sending the kids to infant cares, play group and other activities they enjoy.

Read more
VIP Member

Lol, well, to begin, I would give him the worst 20% of the parenting duties, the stuff you don’t like doing. For me my list is 1. Middle of the night milk feed 2. Taking kids to doctor especially for vaccination 3. Picking kids up and dropping to/from school during rainy days / sick days 4. Showering kids 5. Cutting nails I would happily do the rest of it!

Read more
VIP Member

tells him when he's old, his children will only return 20% of children duties too. It's fair too isn't it? Can't expect to put 20% and gain 100%? Don't wait till old to regret. When the children just throw money back at him without visiting him often when he becomes old and frail. Scary isn't it?

So sorry about your situation. There must be a way to talk this over. Perhaps a close family member or friend, maybe even a counselor or therapist who can act as a mediator. Perhaps reignite the love that led you to get married and have children so you can have fair talks about parenting

VIP Member

A marriage is a partnership and we give what we can to make it work. Clearly you both don’t have time but he has money. Have you considered getting a nanny or helper to help outsource some of that work ? That might help.

Your hubby must be the mean anal financial or accounting guy which everyone hates at work.