Jogging during week 6 of pregnancy

I used to jog 2-3 times a week, and after i knew i’m pregnant, my husband wants me to stop. But i wish to continue. So i wanna to know if it is safe to jog during early pregnancy.

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I used to go gym in the past. And during my first 2 pregnancy, I continued to go to the gym even when I found out that I am pregnant but it all end up with miscarriage at week 9 and week 6 respectively. After which for my subsequent pregnancy I stopped exercising the moment I found out I am pregnant and now had a wonderful toddler girl. Doctor said then that could be because I had thicker blood hence harder for oxygen to reach the feutus. He prescribed me with aspirin to support my subsequent pregnancy as well. Not sure if it is bcoz of the aspirin or bcoz I stopped exercising that helps, or both, but for my next pregnancy I would just stop exercising to be more safe.

Read more

My sister is super fit. The kind with six pack body and that, she used to continue HIIT training until second trim, and continue with weight lifting and exercises all the way til birth. she consulted her OBGYN obviously, I guess it depends on your fitness level and lifestyle way before your conceive.

Read more

Normally if you're used to doing exercises before pregnant, you can continue to do so but always check with your gynae first. But I will personally avoid as the pregnancy is still new & early. Maybe on the 2nd trimester when the pregnancy is more stable.

I use to jog daily I checked with my doc if its safe to jog now but he told me better to go for a walk or swimming. I started talking long walks now but I really miss my jogging days.

Jogging is okay I Guess early on in pregnancy. I’ve heard people actually still carry weights and go gym apparently. But if cus provided the gynae give u a green light.

I also used to jog a few days a week. but gynae was quite against it. ask me to do brisk walk instead. maybe you may want to check with your gynae

Its okay to continue with your routine. Just don't push yourself too hard or over exert!

Personally i will not do jogging. I will just do walking instead.

I think you should do swimming instead if possible

Swimming is supposedly better??