Daddy To Be - Suggestion to become a better and supportive husband during pregnancy / after delivery?

Recently my wife at her early 40s got pregnant . Our first child. Very excited for both of us. We knew this is consider as a high risk pregnancy. We are at week 5 now. I have found this app and really helpful tips . I want to become a a supportive husband during this journey. Feel free to share some tips how to become a better husband . Some of the things I have done so far, and I like to know more tips :- 1) cook for her 2) taking care of the diet nutrients required 3) walking every morning 4) making videos of our journey

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Very thoughtful of you! My hb and I also had our precious LO late in life and after 10 marriage. Sometimes hard to adapt to the addition to our family. Help with Household chores! Ask how she feels at the end of a long day, give hugs. Buy a nice gift for Mother’s Day even though haven’t popped yet (if haven’t). Be involved in the prep like shopping for baby stuff like stroller, car seat.

Read more
2y ago

Thanks for the tips . !

hi daddy! after delivery, please help her with household chores! delivery, whether by normal or csect is tough on the body. please also help her with the baby! she may not ask for help but she needs it. also, please be more understanding during that time as she is very hormonal and may have baby blues. congratulations to the both of you!

Read more

Understand her when she’s having mood swings or don’t feel like doing the deed. Also she might get leg cramps so help her to ease the pain if she does scream for help at night. Talk to your baby and touch her belly. Read up, attend courses or watch YT on how to change diapers, wipe/bathe baby, feeding

Read more

Hi! Personally i think giving listening to her rants and needs would be great. Maybe giving a massage every night will help too. Pregnancy is really tough so such things will help :) so glad you’re trying your best to be supportive. It’ll be comforting for her.

2y ago

Thanks for the tips

how sweet of you! please help her with household chores! being pregnant is very tiring! also, please help her get up the bed when her belly gets big, it's so hard! :) also buy her foods to combat morning sickness. all the best to the both of you!

2y ago

Thanks for the valuable advise