mummy hates breastfeeding

Can I be totally honest? I know people say that breastfeeding your child is one of the greatest gifts a mother could give, and it strengthens the bond you two have. But you see, I hate every single bit of it. I hate breastfeeding my son. It hurts and it adds that he is a karate kid. While he latches, he punches here and there, and he's just all over the place. Breastfeeding him does not exactly put us closer. Definitely did not. I was expecting fulfilment after every feeding, but all I get are sore nipples. I am selfish, but I really just wanted to be honest. I even hate the pressure that people put on u whenever they figured ur an EBF mom. And it is painful to see your son not thriving as u expect ( due to ur low supply) About breastfeeding, I was hopeful then, dunno where I stand now. What I know now is I don't like it, but I have no other choice but to continue . Dunno if others feel the same. Just venting out. 😅

1 Reply
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

Its okay if you dont feel like it. Just pump your breastmilk and feed your baby.