Confused mummy on how much milk to give if not doing night feeds

I think we basically feed like 150ml per kg to our baby. My baby is 3 mths old n going by 3 hourly feed, she should drink abt 80ml per session n there should be 8 sessions. I see mummies putting their babies to sleep from 8pm onwards till morning… if so, the 8 sessions are squeezed within the day? Currently I’m feeding my baby until 10 or 11pm n would like her sleep until 5am then feed her again so that she does not miss out too much of her milk intake… is that alright? If i should let her sleep all the way then how do i make up for the lost sessions?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

don't have to follow the guidelines strictly, as the name suggest they're just guidelines. sometimes bb may require more milk sometimes less. bb will let you know accordingly. my bb latch directly and sleep from 10/11+pm till 6+am. during the day she drinks every 3hr or so, sometimes she can even drag till 4+hr or as short as 2hr. I feed her on demand since birth till now. she 9 weeks old currently and have been gaining 1kg per month since birth.

Read more

take cues from your lo. don't worry about the miss feeds, as long as your lo is sleeping and playing with you well, everything will be okay