Day Night Confusion

I think my baby may have day night confusion. He falls asleep during his day feeding time, and sleeps immediately after drinking. Even after waking up, he'll be happy for 10 mins before whining and asking to go back to sleep. But at around 2am, he will start being active and doing leg raises and stamping feet. Its hard to make him go back to sleep. Is this day night confusion? What can I do?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi... how many weeks is your baby? Maybe u can try to introduce day and night to baby... we did that to our 8 weeks young baby too... will tell him good morning when he first wake up in the morning and drew the curtain so he knows and tell him that daddy have to go and work.. in the evening during his wipe down we will change to a thicker clothes and tell him that it’s going to be night time and it’s time to sleep... of cuz he will fuss but always tell him good night and all of us going to sleep.. Maybe you can try this out and hope it helps u...

Read more
VIP Member

It takes a while for babies to get used to day and night. What they need now is a routine. Try to talk to him, keep him awake during the day with activities and keep naps to a minimum and when it’s bed time, do a night time routine like read story books, wear pyjamas and drink milk to sleep.