Day nap not enough

Hi, I’m a little worried. It’s been 3 months and my baby can’t seem to have long/proper nap in the day. Is this normal? He sleeps well at night,But im a little concerned about his day nap. He’ll wake up every 10/15mins and look ‘refreshed’ with no intention of sleeping back… but after a while he’ll cry because he’s cranky and tired his eyes look sleepy. I’ll breastfeed him, he falls asleep and nap… i’ll settle my stuff like quick shower/lunch/toileting… but not long later he’ll wake up. He’ll continue this nap wake up nap wake up but hardly a 30/45mins nap let alone a 1hr nap. He sleeps well only at night. Why is that so? It it because he senses that its not night so it’s not sleeping time? Or he realises/can sense im not beside him? He sleeps about roughly 10hours or less per day. Will that affect his development? What should i do? 🤔

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Happens to me too. My baby will wake up at 7am and start her eat-cry-sleep ‘exercise’ until about 2-3pm. Afterwards she will sleep for longer stretches. To me it’s good that her colic hour is in the day rather than 3am 😅

This is normal and babies this age don’t follow any sleeping pattern. My 2 months old sometimes can sleep for a stretch of 3 hrs in day time and sometimes he cannot sleep for more than 20 mins in day time no matter what I do

11mo ago

Ohh okay noted…thank you felt better hearing this

Same for my 2 month old! Sometimes it’s so stressful to see. Tired but unable to sleep for long.

it’s colic and it’s normal. it’s a phase and he’ll grow out of it.

11mo ago

“Colic is when a healthy baby cries for a very long time, for no obvious reason. It affects some babies during the first 3 to 4 months of life. Colic usually begins suddenly, with loud and mostly nonstop crying.”