Part Time Job 's Boss doesnt understand

I am so stress and not sure what to do becoz I have migraine history and whenever I am pregnant, it will come more often and the thing is it doesnt "notify" me in advance . It comes anytime . I had work schedule ytd but about 4hr before i start my work, i felt dizzy and have some migraine aura . So i told my boss that I wouldnt be able to work . It maybe v last minute but I cant risk anything since I felt dizzy esp . But he , not being understanding, reprimanded me in the group chat . I am not sure what to do. He even say " This is the last chance , one more time , I'll fire u or u quit urself" This is my first time that I really cant go to work . The other time when I felt v sick , I told him , but in the end I went to work because nobody wants to help to take my shift and the boss heartlessly says " find ur replacement urself " Now I feel so stress because I really not sure what to do .

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Oh my dearest...I do feel your anguish. Don't be disheartened. People will not understand what you are going through unless they have experienced it for themselves. You can't change the world but you can control your own path and future. Have you tried to find homebased work at least for the time being until you have given birth? Do you have skills that you can benefit from home? Eg. Baking...there are many organizations that can help you to find alt. Income...you don't have to tolerate bullies...remember there are always choices...take care dear 💕

Read more

Leave the job and find better ones. Maybe easier to say than done but habing these toxic people esp boss doesnt make anyone happy to even think of gg work. Well if you are really ill and he doesnt understand then quit. Really its not worth it. I use to have migraines too at work and plenty of racism and also toxic people who two faced. Well i quit and now im a happy fulltime housewife with four kids and coming 5th baby..

Read more
VIP Member

Leave the job if you really can't take it..at least its better for you and your unborn baby..last time I work full time and wanted to change to part time due to my pregnancy but my supervisor said can't change my job hours and he keep insulting plus comparing me to other staffs who works shorter hours than me. Therefore quit the job earlier if you can. TC ❤️

Read more

Have you seen a doctor for your condition? While you have your own reasons, to be fair to your boss and colleagues, just quit your job and find another one which can accommodate your last minute requests and cancellations of work schedule. Or seek help from MyCareersFuture Singapore?

TapFluencer

Talk to the hr or to the boss's boss (area manager, operation manager etc). Company is not allowed to dismiss anyone due to pregnancy. Keep those group chats conversations and show to hr if needed. Worst come to worst to MOM.

VIP Member

Oh dear... He doesn't understand that you are unable to schedule whether you feel unwell. It is against the law to penalise against pregnant women and threaten with dismissal, otherwise can bring up to MOM

VIP Member

I usually don't advise people to quit their jobs esp at a time like this but your boss sounds horrible!! Leave, it's really not worth working in a company like this. Lodge a complaint with MOM too!

Super Mum

Not worth the stress. Leave. Baby's health is far more impt. So u tc of yrself. 💙 & This is only pt. God!

VIP Member

Just let him say what he wants. He cant fire u. If not complain to mOM

Super Mum

Speak to HR